How to expedite the Training Certificate from the home licensing council?
This is a long process, and it usually takes 8-12 weeks. Due to Covid 19 situation.I have shared some tricks to expedite this process. I will discuss Pakistan Medical & Dental(PM&DC) here. For other councils/medical boards, please visit their respective sites or contact someone who had gone through this process.
- Submit application online for Experience Certificate as soon as you finish your housejob.
- Contact your hospital admin clerk and ask them if verification from PMC came back, send it back as soon as possible. You might have to pay out-of-pocket for TCS because usually, the hospital's standard policy is to send via regular Pakistan Post, which takes 10 to 15 days to reach PMC. Please note that if you have rotations in 2 different hospitals, you must contact them both.
- Another way is that if you or anyone on your behalf (with an authority letter) can visit PM&DC in-person, this might also help you in getting a certificate earlier.
How to expedite your EPIC verification process?
When you have sent both your documents (Degree and House job/Internship certificate), you must keep an eye on the “My Credentials” tab in your EPIC account. When it is updated in front of both credentials that your report has been “sent for verification” you must do the following 2 steps
Step 1: If “Sent for Verification” is in a box of your degree, contact the admin of your college/Institution from where you have graduated that verify your degree and sends it back to EPIC. They might have a verification fee, which you have to pay if they ask you to do so.
Step 2: If “sent for verification” is in the box of Experience Certificate, you must make an online application on PM&DC online portal.
What to Expect after submission of documents to Irish Medical Council (IMC)?
After you submitted all your documents to IMC, you must now wait for an e-mail from them. This wait could be from 6-8 months. So, you need to relax now and stop bothering until that e-mail. What you can do is! Call IMC every month to ask for your application process.
- The first e-mail you will get is acknowledging your documents with an attachment of the Professional Indemnity form. Print it and tick option 1, and sign Declaration 1. Scan it and send it to the e-mail address which they will mention in the same e-mail.
- In the second e-mail, they will send you “GENFORM”. Download and print it. Please fill this form carefully; it is straightforward. Give your personal information and tick the Good Standing and Notarised passport boxes as you have already sent them. Below they will ask about your job after you applied for IMC registration. If you select NO for all options below, you don’t have to fill other blanks. Scan it and send it back to the address which they will mention in the e-mail.
- The next e-mail will be to pay a fee for registration. They will guide you through logging in to your IMC account and pay a fee. When you log in, you will see the option of Outstanding Payment. Click it and follow the instructions to pay your registration fee. You cannot pay a fee until they contact you.
30 thoughts on “Tips and Tricks For Registration Process/ Genform”
A lot of prayers for all of you. This is such an amazing effort by you guys to help newbies. May Allah bless you.
Thank you for your appreciation dear !
You’ve explained comprehensively .great stuff. Please ,if you could, describe job securing ways/methods at Ireland
Dear Sharjeel !
Thanks for your appreciation! Please refer to seperate topic of Jobs for IMGs in this website.
Aoa Ahsan bhai, thanks a lot for detailing each and every step for general registration with the irish medical council. I don’t what I would do without all the help from you website.
I’m a graduate of RMU and have recently applied for general registration. I have completed all the steps of epic verification and PMC experience.
One thing thats bothering me is that I didn’t recieve any cover letter from the IMC.
Can you please advise on what exactly is a cover letter and how will I get it when sending my OET results and passport photocopy?
I would really apprecite your timely reply 🙏🏼
Cover letter is just letter mentioning 2 document’s !
You get this in email once you apply for registration.
If you didn’t received please contact them directly !
i am done with account formation and at IMC and have submitted my application ,now can u ppl plz guide me which documents do i have to send my post to IMC?
After submission of documents you will receive an email with cover letter in which required documents will be mentioned which you have to send!
I am done with posting and i just posted oet result ,notarize passport and and degree issued by UHS .NO COVER LETTER SENT BY ME because i didnt got any ,what should i do now ?please help
Please check your junk boxes for that email once you submit application. Otherwise email them that you haven’t got any acknowledgment email after application. Once you receive cover letter in that email then please send documents again or take there advice by calling them.
My housejob rotations were as follow:
3months internal medicine
3 months pediatrics
3 months general surgery
2 months obs/gyne
1 month radiology
is it acceptable format
1 month experience is not accepted by IMC. Please count that in gyne obs and make it 3 months and you are good to go!
My housejob certificate says Gynae unit III n PMC has made an experience with only Gynaecology written on it..i mean it should say obstetrics and gynaecology.as per PMC amendment is possible only if i make a new hj certificate.its worrisome. a new housejob certificate would be a difficult task as my hj was way back in 2015.what can be done now? do i have to get an equivalent certificate from college that gynae unit 3 is actually obs n gynae unit,n get this certificate to PMC for a new experience certificate ?cz iv already sent PMC certificate with gynae on it to epic..its convulated i know..can u guide plz?
Go ahead with gyne i suggest! And get equivalent certificate from dpt and if IMC ask you then show that certificate to them.
Thank you Dr Ahsan for ur considerate suggestion and quick response.Carry on with this amazing deed.Stay blessed
Thanks for your words! Good luck
Hey, I am a Pak graduate. I have done my house job rotations as follows:
3 months general surgery 3 months urology 3months general medicine and 3 month neuro medicine.
Is it acceptable pattern?
Yes acceptable !
Could you explainn what indemnity is pls? A bit confused and it keeps popping up during regsitration process. Thank you in advance!
Indemnity is insurance which any hospital or health body like HSE provide to Drs for any negligence performed during work. Please search on google for more info. Thanks
I have done 3months gen med
3month gen surgery
My practice experience certificate said 6months gen med and allied, 6month gen surgery and allied.
Is it acceptable?
Word Allied is not acceptable . Rotations are acceptable.
2 options. Write them individually or remove word allied. Just write gen med and surg. Thanks
I had a house job letter of 6 months in medicine allied and 6 months in surgery allied, is it acceptable for IMC ?
I hold a 2 different letters separately for surgery allied, and medicine allied
Brother change word allied to simple general medicine and general surgery . Thanks
Remove word allied and then you are good to go. Thanks
I have done my house job in 6months medicine and 6months obgyne, back in 2007-2008. Is it acceptable by IMC. Later I did MCPS in obgyn and working as specialist for last 12years. Is it possible to get IMC registration through Experience or Internship?
For housejob route you need surgery as well. Email them and look for options of registration. You can also use tool on IMC website which could take you to your desired alternate route. Thanks
1.I got my experience from HOSPITAL
2.sent that to PMDC and get EXPERIENCE CERTIFICATE
3.Submitted experience certificate (got from pmdc) to EPIC for verification
Now will i again be needing to get this verificied from PMDC?????
Plssss reply me asap
Yes ! Sent report from epic portal and then apply on pmdc online for verification of experience! Thanks