IMGs in Ireland/UK

Guide For Physicians and Surgeons for Irish/UK Pathway



Before starting your registration, double-check if your country is exempted from PRES (Pre-Registration Examination System). Below are the listed countries whose Internship year is acceptable for General Registration without PRES.

  • Australia 
  • New Zealand - In November 2014, the internship program became a two-year internship. Evidence of a two-year internship must be provided after this date.
  • South Africa –Internship must have commenced from 1st July 2006 onwards.
  • Pakistan – Internship must have commenced from 1st January 2009 onwards and the rotations meet the standards of an Irish internship.
  • Sudan
  • Malaysia – On 1st January 2008 the internship program became a two-year internship. Evidence of a two-year internship must be provided after this date.
  • UK – Foundation Year 1 must be completed.
  • Malta – Foundation Year 1 and 2 must be completed.

Click here for the details of the internship requirement

Details of PRES

If your country is not listed in the above list, you must take PRES or be exempted from PRES level 2. Follow the following links for PRES in detail.

General Information on PRES

PRES Level 2 and exemptions

PRES Level 3

Good News is !!

If your internship year is acceptable and you are exempted from the PRES exam, then welcome to the club, guys! This is the easiest way to get registered in the General division of the Irish Medical Council.

Requirements for General registration through exemption pathway.

Following are the requirements to apply for General Registration.

  1. Medical Degree/Diploma from your University
  2. Language Certification (IELTS/OET)   
  3. House job/Internship Experience Certificate
  4. Good Standing Certificate  

Your Degree and Internship Certificate should be verified through EPIC (Electronic portfolio of International Credentials). Details to set EPIC account and verification of documents are discussed in a separate section.


1. Medical Degree/Diploma

Before you apply, make sure your university/college from where you graduated is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools. To check, please click on the link below.

I suggest applying for Medical Degree from your university as soon as you start your internship/house-job.

How to apply for a degree

Every university has its own process of degree issuance. It's better to visit the official website of your university. To give an example, below, I will discuss how to apply for the MBBS degree from the University of Health and Sciences Lahore Pakistan.

  1. Visit website
  2. Go to Quick Links and Select "Degree Issuance Portal"
  3. Go down and download Principal Approval Form and get it signed from your college.
  4. Register on Online portal by giving your Information.
  5. Online registration.
  6. Filling and submission of application documents.
  7. Online generation of fee voucher to be paid at any branch of National Bank of Pakistan.
  8. Attachment of scanned copy of paid fee voucher at the Portal.
  9. Visit the University on the scheduled date and time to collect your degree/document.
  10. You will receive your degree in 4-6 weeks' time.

2. Language Certification

One of the following certifications is required for Irish Medical Council Registration.

  1. Academic IELTS certificate (dated within the last two years) with an overall band score of 7.0 and a minimum score of 6.5 in each module.
  2. OET (Category – Medicine) dated within the last two years, with a minimum grade of B in each module.
  3. Cambridge ESOL Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - CEFR Level C1 or C2
  4. USMLE if all of part 1 and part 2 Ck and Cs have been completed.

We have a separate post comparing OET and IELTS and how to prepare for these tests.

For more details on the language requirements, visit the Council's webpage here.


3.House job/Internship Experience Certificate

For the Internship Experience Certificate, you must contact your Medical Council. Here I will explain each step of applying for an experience certificate from the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council in detail.

       How to get your experience certificate? Step by Step Guidance

  1. The first and foremost step is to select those rotations in your house job, which is acceptable for Irish Medical Council registration. Please read this post to know more about the acceptable house-job rotations.
  2. If your rotations are according to the recommendations, then visit the PM&DC website to and register your self for online portal.
  3. Click Accreditation of Experience and select House Job certificate
  4. Fill in all your information and your address where you want to receive your certificate
  5. Attach given documents like house job certificates.
  6. Pay your fee online and you will receive your experience certificate in few days.

4.Good Standing Certificate

Good Standing certificate should be applied when all your documents have been sent to Irish Medical Council via EPIC and by post. The good standing certificate is only valid for 3 months from the issuance date for IMC registration.

How to get a good standing certificate? Below I will guide step by step regarding the Good Standing certificate from PM&DC.

  1. You must know that it should be sent directly by Pakistan Medical & Dental Council to IMC via post/e-mail. IMC would not accept the certificate sent by the applicant.
  2. Visit the Pakistan Medical Commission website and visit your online portal.
  3. Click Good Standing and fill in all your details.
  4. Tick Good Standing Certificate and fill in your personal details.
  5. Enter Ireland in "Regulator for which certificate is required".
  6. Write the Postal address of the Irish Medical Council.
  7. Enter the e-mail of the foreign regulator.
  8. Tick YES for "Mail to foreign regulator directly from PMC". This is because it should be sent directly by PMC to IMC.
  9. Upload asked document and pay the fee.
  10. Your Good Standing Certificate will be sent to IMC and on your address as well.




242 thoughts on “Step by Step Guide for General Registration of Irish Medical Council

  1. Farman laghari

    I’m specialist pediatric surgeon graduated from Pakistan and I did my postgraduation in paediatric surgery from king Edward Medical University Lahore in 2012.
    I need guidance regarding job opportunities and registration for Ireland.
    Please reply on my WhatsApp if possible

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Dear Dr Farman!
      If you are graduated before 2009 then you need to take PRES exam for registration.


      • Rabeya Qaisar

        Do we need to give Irish council exam?

        • Ahsan Zeeshan

          If your house job is after 2009 and if your housejob criteria is according to the council then you dont need exams. You only need to follow steps on this website!

          • Hello, I’m graduate of 2012, n my house job is completed in 2013. I want to know that what is house job criteria for Irish medical registration. Please guide me. Thank you

          • Ahsan Zeeshan

            Please go through website! Guidelines are in website! Thanks

      • Mehtabullah

        I am having B in all except in Speaking where I am having C +(340)
        Can I apply for IRISH Medical Council registration.
        I am from Pakistan and exempted from exame.

      • Hi
        6 months general surgery and 6 months general medicine is acceptable for IMC. Thanks

        • Ahsan Zeeshan

          Yes acceptable !

          • Dr Raheela

            I graduated in 2012 and then did FCPS in obstetrics and gynecology in 2019. I have done house jobs in obstetrics and gynecology for 3 months, ENT 2 months, psychiatry 2 months and Medicine 2 months. Can you please guide if gyne and OBS will be counted as surgery rotation and I can get exemption ?

          • Ahsan Zeeshan

            Unfortunately we have discontinued our free services. If you have any questions please refer to our packages to get expert advice on your questions. Thank you

  2. Jeanette Buholzer

    Are Canadian trained Radiologists exempt from PRES?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Please seek guidance on this topic by contacting them directly.


  3. 3 quick questions:

    1. How long does the entire process take?
    2. How long does it take for the application to process?
    3. What is the next step after the general registration? As in.. How does one get a job there and again how long does that take?

    Really appreciate the help

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      1. 4-5 months +/- 2-4 weeks
      2. ~4-6 weeks
      3. Apply job. Depends on the slots and your interview. May take 2-4 months

      • Syed Shah

        Hi , my friend has done 6months house officer in surgical and allied .
        and 6 months in medicine discipline.
        Is it acceptable for imc ? Thanks

        • Ahsan Zeeshan

          Word allied is not accepted by imc. Please mention to them separately which allied rotation . Thanks

          • It’s 6 months house job in obstetrics and gynecology in 2010 And 6 months in general medicine in 2010-2011 is acceptable by IMC?

          • Ahsan Zeeshan

            Unfortunately no ! 3 months gyne and 3 months general surgery would be ok!

  4. Afaque Ali

    My PMC certificate mentions ” Medicine and Allied ” for 6 months and “Surgery and Allied” for 6 months. Is it accetable ? Should i proceed ahead ?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      It is experienced by many doctors that The word ‘Allied’ is rejected by IMC. Please read the guidelines on this website in separate section of Internship and Clinical Rotation
      Thank you!

      • rana sultan

        can you please kindly guide about what roatations imc accepts in hj?

        • Ahsan Zeeshan

          Please click blog spot and search the post for acceptable rotation.


          • My housejob certificate mentions internal medicine instead of general medicine. Is it acceptable?

          • Ahsan Zeeshan

            That would be ok!

  5. dr m zeeshan

    sir i need contact number for further guidance… well explained
    also want to know about salary packages and further can we study there as post graduate traine..

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Salary package varies with hospital. You can search online for specifics and an estimate. Postgraduate trainee positions are less, but people do get those.

  6. Amarah Ghani

    I have done my internship in ER for one month but then I did one month internship in ER from another speciality, is that acceptable?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Dear Dr Amarah!

      I didn’t get your point! Please elaborate your rotations!



  7. Hashim Suliman

    is the OET computer based accepted for the registration ?

  8. Hi dears,
    I graduated in Iraq 2009 ,I have bachelors degree in medicine &surgery. In addition ,I have one MSc in the uk in 2013/2014 in dermatology skills and treatment . On 26th of June 2021 I took OET in the uk I achieved grade B in writing, reading and listening and C+ in speaking am I eligible to register in Irish medical council ? I’m living in England right now and I’m British citizen .thanks
    I’m looking forward to hearing you .
    Best wishes

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Dear Saud!
      Thanks for your message. Unfortunately, IMC require B grade in all parts!

  9. I can’t find experience form on PMC website

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      You can apply online on the website. Please review carefully.

  10. hey its urgent
    need some help
    in step 3 .
    can i proceed to pay online .? +
    is experience certificate n practical experience same ?

  11. Tooba Kafait

    What can I do If my medical college is not in the recognised Medical colleges list on IMC website?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Dear Tooba, If Your documents are verified by EPIC then you are good to go for IMC registration. Alternatively, email or call IMC directly for further guidance!

      Thank you !

  12. Noman Akhtar

    If I have done mbbs degree from abroad and do housejob in Pakistan,can i will apply without PRES exam ??

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Dear Noman!

      Unfortunately, Press exemption pathway is only for candidate from particular countries as mentioned above .

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Dear Noman ! If your college in abroad is recognised by PMC and you do housejob in pakistan and clear all exams of pmc and have full registration with PMC then yes you are eligible


      • Muhammad

        I want to ask i did my 5 year mbbs from russia now in 2 months i will come back and give nle to get my license and after house job i will get my permanent license…am i eliglible for applying here ?

        • Ahsan Zeeshan

          Again! If your Russian degree is recognised and you do housejob in pak then you can apply!

  13. Noor Babar

    Hi what’s the Irish medical council adress? What to write in adress of foreign medical regulator?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      The address of IMC has changed now!

      Please refer to official website and click on ‘’Contact Details’’ .


  14. What if I want to apply to trainee division registration? Will I still be exempted from PRES?

    I am from Pakistan so exempted from General registration.
    Thanks for your help!


    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      You cant apply for trainee division! Please apply for general division.


  15. Sadaf Jabeen malik

    Iam a pakistani graduate internship in year 2003,fellowship FCPS general surgery in 2012 working as general surgeon how can I apply and eligible for Irish council kindly see

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Dear Dr Sadaf!

      You have to appear in PRES exam to get IMC registration as exemption criteria applies from 2009 onwards.

      Thank you!

  16. Mansoor Ghani

    I am a consultant radiologist in Pakistan and want to do fellowship in Intervention Radiology from Ireland. How can i proceed?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Dear Dr Mansoor!

      Please refer to RCSI radiology website for assistance and contact them directly what they can offer you!

      Thanks for your message!

  17. S Naidoo

    If you are a specialist do you still open an account using the general registration pathway?
    Or do you have to f ollow the specialist pathway?

  18. Ijazulhaq

    I want to join Ireland

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Review all the process in detail and start your journey.

  19. Dr tahir

    Is it possible to apply for experience certificate and make epic account etc before oet. As the process is lengthy so i am thinking to start process within a week and also book oet date 2 months later so i can have some preparation for it.
    2ndly i have gap of 9 months after housejob will it effect me in registration process and then finding a job?
    Thank u

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Dear Tahir!
      It is good to tick these boxes before hand. It will make things easier for you. Secondly, you have to explain them what were you doing for 9 months after your housejob! You can mention carrier break!


  20. Rabeea Tanveer

    Hi. Thank you so much for the detailed blog on the whole IMC process.
    I’m currently doing my residency in Anesthesiology in Pakistan but planning to get my IMC registration and move to Ireland.
    I have a query: My housejob certificate says 3 months in general medicine, 3 months in general surgery, 3 months in Pediatrics and 3 months in “Orthopedic.”
    I’m concerned about the Orthopedic part, which is okay as I saw your FAQ but the person at PMC told me otherwise (that IMC will reject my certificate if it says Orthopedic instead of Trauma & Orthopedic Surgery). How true is that? How should I go about it? Because the hospital has been least helpful in changing it to the latter.
    Can you please guide me?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      You will not be able to change the certificate of housejob unfortunately. Try with orthopedics and it should work. All the best


    I have aproblem regarding listing my work experiences i have no gaps but when i enterd them it say to me gap more than 14 days is not allowed

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      It may be a system error. Try to erase all and enter again.

  22. I’m registered with the GMC in the Uk and currently working as an FY2. Will I be able to register with the IMC?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Dear Bennet!
      Unfortunately, you have to apply for registration pathway separately!


  23. your post is very informative.I want to ask what should be our path if we have cleared FCPS.WE will apply for general registration or specialist registration.and we have to get ho use job certificate verified by PMC or postgraduate degree aswell?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Dear Kanwal!

      General registration pathway! Housejob cert from PMC is required only


  24. Dr sweta karwa

    Is MRCOG valid for IMC registration

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      I am afraid i am not sure about this! Please email IMC to seek guidance!


  25. If I am applying for GMC and IMC, then i have to apply for two practical experiences separately for both. Is it so?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Practical experience verified from EPIC will work for both hopefully!

      Thanks for your message!

  26. 3 months in medicine
    3 months in surgery
    3 months in obs gynae
    3 months nephro
    Is this acceptable or not?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Yes acceptable! Please refer to above guidelines for details!


  27. tafsir arefin

    **Regarding OET ‘B’ in each category should be obtained from single exam ? or it can be clubbed ,I mean results from multiple attempts can be clubbed?

    ** MRCP ( UK) can apply for registration if OET is done?

    thank you

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Dear Tafsir!
      OET Bs in 1 sitting is required!
      Please refer to MRCP uk website for that query!


  28. Qaseem Rehman

    Hi. I Need you guys to guide me about my Experience Certificate/internship. It says 3 Months General Medicine, 2 Months of Paediatrics Medicine and 1 Month of Psychiatry. 3 months for General Surgery, 2 Months of Anesthesia and 1 month of Orthopedics & Trauma. Is this acceptable with the Internship policy of IMC?

  29. After submitting application form at IMC ,which documents to be sent to IMC by courier?
    and by whom they need to be notarized?

  30. whats the address of IMC at which documents need to sent?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Please refer to official IMC website and click Contact details. They have recently updated their address.


  31. MY HJ certificate states ENT not Otolaryngology, would it be a problem?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Dear Dr Ali !
      Please change it as it would not be accepted!


  32. Sukriti verma

    Have done mbbs from madhya Pradesh India…how to apply for Ireland?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Dear Sukriti!

      You need to appear in PRES exam for registration as India is not on list for IMC exemption criteria.


  33. I’ve graduated from China and have completed my housejob from Pakistan and have got permanent license here in Pakistan, will I be exempted from PRES?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Yes you are! Your medical school should be on world medical school directory.


      • i graduated from china and my university is in world medical school directory. I have also completed my house job in pakistan.
        i need to know that my university gave me 5 documents in degree. Certificate of Diploma (one in english and one in chinese) , Certificate of Bachelor Degree (one in english and one in chinese) and the transcript . do i need to verified all these documents from epic ???


        • Ahsan Zeeshan

          I dont know what it is called in china. But like pakistan we have MBBS Degree. Whatever document you have in china like Degree get it verified. No need of transcript. Just Degree and Housejob from EPIC. Thanks

  34. Dear Ahsan,

    I am 2012 graduate from DOW and did house job in Pakistan. Completed my four years training in Saudi Arabia and here i am registered Consultant in Internal Medicine.

    Can you tell me the way to register as Specialist in Ireland ?


    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Dear Dr Syed!
      You can register in general division if your housejob criteria is acc to guidelines. You can work as registrar but not as consultant in ireland.
      You have to get training or alternate pathway from here.

  35. Farhad Ahmed

    My internship is
    3 months ICU/Anaesthesia
    3 months General Surgery
    3 months Paediatrics
    3 months General Medicine

    Will it be acceptable?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Dear farhad!

      Yes this is accepted

      Take guidance from this website and go for it! Good luck


  36. Hello…Is it acceptable rotation for registration with IMC?
    Gen surgery
    Gen Medicine
    Each for 3 months?

  37. Assalamalaekum.

    Hope u r doing well.
    No doubt It is a comprehensive blog, but still a question is raised in my mind, that if someOne completed House job bei2009, n did post graduation in Pakistan, is he/ she able to apply on the basis of post graduation experience?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Housejob before 2009 would not be acceptable for exemption pathway and post graduate experience is not acceptable. If housejob is after 2009 then you can apply.

  38. Dr Anwar

    I did my MBBS from Pakistan. My House job started in September 2008 and it ended on 31 August 2009. I have passed OET. Am I acceptable or do I need to apply for exemption of four months? Thanks

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Dear Dr anwar!

      I hope you can apply registration from exemption pathway but please do confirm it from IMC directly before applying.


  39. hi. my house job rotations are:
    3 months medicine
    3 months CCU
    3 months surgery
    3months ENT
    Are my house job rotations acceptable for IMC registration?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Yes all are fine but change ent word to otorhinolaryngology


  40. Dr Haider

    I am from Pakistan but I studied MBBS from China. I graduated in 2017.
    I am still in China,not working in any medical field. I didn’t pass the PMC as well. my question is can I take PRES exam ? and do they accept doctors with 4-5 years of medical gap?
    thanks in advance

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Yes you can do PRES exam and can apply for registration.

      Yes they accept if you give valid reason but with this gap better option is UK


      • I am also graduating from china this year and I don’t want to do housejob in pakistan. Can I apply for pres exam without internship and good standing certificate. Can you please share any link that explain the process for me.

        • Ahsan Zeeshan

          Please visit IMC website for PRES exam!
          If you are going through PRES exams you wont need internship from pakistan! Thanks

  41. Mohammad Atiq ur Rehman

    I’m MRCPI qualified on2014.
    NOW I want to work in Ireland.
    How can I register in Irish medical Council.
    I request detailed guidance.

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      This website gives all details! Please go! Please read every post in detail.


  42. I need to know about the insurance needed for IMC registration.
    how much it cost???
    We have to pay all the amount or just bank statement is required????

  43. Thuciyanthan

    I’m a MBBS graduate from Sri Lanka. What is the pathway for me to get registered in IMC?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      If your internship is also from Sri Lanka then you have to go through PRES exams unfortunately!

  44. 3 months general surgery
    3 months paediatrics
    3 months dermatology
    3 months otolaryngology

    Is accepted for pres exemption?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Yes accepted! Go for it. Take guidance from posts on this website.


  45. I did my house job in 2011.
    06 months in medicine and 06 months in general surgery. Will it be acceptable as I didn’t do house job in allied subjects.

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      That is fine! Acceptable! Make sure no Allied word is used in your certificates!
      Take guidance from this website and go for it!

      Best of luck

  46. Kind of you to take time to post about the whole registration process.
    God bless you.

    I have few queries

    1.We have to apply for both GOOD STANDING CERTIFICATE AND PRACTICAL experience certificate?

    2. Both are to be applied by signing up on PMC website? And their payment could be done online?

    3. I have just made an epic account first I should get the degree certified? Then I can ask for practical experience verification from PMC and it’s subsequent verification? Is that the correct order for doing things?

    4. Again, practical certificate is to be asked from PMC not the university/hospital right?

    Thanking you again for taking the time to help others.

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Yes !
      you have answers to all of your queries!

      Best of Luck!


    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Visit all other posts of this website to gather more information and if need any assistance you can always post here!

  47. Samreen Khan

    I have applied for Irish registration following all the steps. Medical diploma/Experience certificate via EPIC. Good standing via PMC and sent the IELTS certificate plus notary passport copy to the council via courier. Did i miss any step? Why i haven’t received any response from them ever?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      You have done almost all the steps! Please wait for there acknowledgment email. It takes few weeks for response.

  48. Ms malik

    I completed my hj in 2021..3 months in gen surgery 2 months gynae 1 month thoracic surgery..5months general med .1 month paeds…my hj certificate states 6 months surgery and Allied..6 months med and Allied….
    Will this be accepted by imc …n what will be on practical certificate of pmc ….kindly guide me on this..tia

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Not accepted with word ALLIED brother! Change it to simple general surgery and general medicine each for 6 month and you will be fine then!

      • Ms malik

        One more thing please.. can pmc change title on request or we have to re make the hj certificate accordingly

        • Ahsan Zeeshan

          I don’t think so they will do it! Get guidance from them if they can do it otherwise you have to renew it.

  49. I have gone thorough my documents and found that my father’s name has spelling mistake on my MBBS degree. Also caste is mentioned with my father’s name on my MBBS and House job certificates while it is not mentioned on my passport and CNIC. Is it going to be a problem? Should I get my father’s name corrected on all my documents according to that on my passport before applying to EPIC? Or does IMC makes objections on such issues? Please guide as I am unable to find answer.

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Yes Please make it correct before submitting to avoid delays!

  50. Dr Nouman

    Hey dear
    The titles of my housejob rotations in the housejob certificate are as under:
    Medical unit 3: 03 months
    Cardiology: 03 months
    General Surgery: 03 months
    Surgical ICU: 03 months

    Are these terms acceptable? As General medicine is titled as Medical Unit 3

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Change ICU to anaesthesia! Regarding medicine… pmc will write medical unit 3 as Medicine

  51. Dr. Sara Khan

    Respected Doctor,

    I am working as GP in Dubai and I have done MBBS only.
    I want to start my career as House Officer in Ireland.

    Can you please let me know step by step process and I have pass out in 2009 and I have done House Job Rotation in medicine in general and three months in surgery in general. Am I eligible to work as House Officer in Ireland? Thank you.

    Dr. Sara Khan
    +971 566404680

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Dear Dr Sara! Thanks for your message! One can work as Senior house officer in ireland after getting general registration. Once can get registered without any exams if housejob is after 2009. If you have done housejob after 2009 then you will be eligible for registration after passing english language test. Please take step by step guidance from this website if you are eligible to apply!

  52. Hello Doctor,

    A well-detailed blog you got right here. I have a few questions to ask.
    1. I am a doctor trained in one of the European Union countries (in English medium). Will I need OET/IELTS to apply to SHO jobs?
    2. I have gotten to the stage where IMC requested I send my notarized medical degree, certificate of good standing, and diploma/license to the physical address in Dublin. I would like to know how long to wait before being asked to pay the registration fee.
    3. Do you have any information with regards to passing job interviews?
    4. Do you have any information with regards to applying for a work permit?
    5. Do you have any idea as to what region(s) in Ireland is better and cheap for a newbie?


    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      1) you will not need english language test if you are graduated from Europe and your institute was in English language.
      2) it will take 4-5 months from now
      3) Read another post in this website for jobs
      4) your hospital HR will apply work permit once you get a job.
      5) Except big cities like Dublin Cork Limerick etc other cities are cheap. Go to main page of this website you can fine life in ireland. Please click and read about everything in ireland.

      Hope this will help!

  53. Dr Manal Tahir

    Hello Doctor ,
    Need guidance!
    I have graduated from china with my MBBS in 2010 followed by house job in pakistan after passing my licence exam PMDC .
    My rotations are as follows:
    3 months in general medicine
    3 months in general surgery
    3 months in Pediatrics
    3 months cardiac surgery
    Is this acceptable or not?
    Also I have cleared OET with B grade in all.
    Can I apply for general registration??


  54. Nadia Saeed

    Good day dear

    I am Dr Nadia 2001 graduate ,general surgeon
    I have a MRCS degree,I applied for IMC registration 9n 7 july 2022 ,I sent all required documents ,my application status showing submitted and will be reviewed but still no reply from IMC,
    Kindly let me know os it ok from them to be quiet for long

  55. I am doing an MBBS from Bangladesh. After MBBS if I complete my one year internship from Bangladesh, can I apply for general registration without PRES.
    Thank you

  56. How to get IMC registration if u r n imc and have clear mrcs

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Either you get reg from imc or mrcs! You will get general reg! If you are eligible from housejob exemption pathway… go with that! If not then by mrcs pathway. You just need to get your mrcs degree approved from epic and send to imc! Hope this will help! Thanks

      • Aslam o allaikum
        Sir i had graduated in kyrgyzstan if i have do my house job in pakistan then i will eligible go to the ireland or am i not eligible. Please sir guide me thank you.

        • Ahsan Zeeshan

          If you do hj in pak and your college is recognised worldly then yes !

  57. Yes this helped alot thankyou so much

  58. My house job as follows
    3 months general medicine
    3 months general surgery
    1.5 month dermatology
    1.5 months pediatric
    1.5 month ophthalmology
    1.5 month plastic surgery
    Is it fine or I have to change it and how to change to make is feasible?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      No that would be rejected! You can make it 6 months General Medicine and 6 months General Surgery ! Less then 2 month is not accepted!

  59. Hi, i have done MRCPCH(uk) and submitted my application for general registration along with dues in april 2022.Its been 4 months and i have not received a single email regarding my application status. I am in a blind loop as IMC usually takes 6-8 weeks for processing.

    Kindly guide.Already sent multiple emails to their contact, filled the form on website too.

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Dear Dr they are taking long now a days. Best would be to call them directly. It might take 1 hr to pick the call. When they pick then you can ask and they would be able to guide you. Thanks

  60. Dr Waqas

    Such a long comments section.
    Please tell me if my
    6 months general medicine &
    6 months neurosurgery internship is acceptable for IMC registration?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      6 months of General Surgery is acceptable! Or 3 months General Surgery and 3 months neurosurgery

  61. I have done my hj from 2 diff hospitals… One hospital is not cooperating to issue me a hj certificate breakdown or without the word allied….on the other hand the other hospital is willing to issue 12 months certificate with 6 months general surgery n medicine each help me with the process….Will PMC issue me an experience certificate if one hospital gives the certificate.

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Yes 6 months in General Surgery And General medicine in each in one hospital is fine. Make sure not to mention about other hospital then. Thanks

  62. I wanted to know if a gap during housejob is acceptable in pmc..

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      PMC might accept! But not accepted by Irish Council for registration!

  63. Dr Salman

    I have graduated in the mid of 2016 then prepared for pmdc as there where no proper schedule. I passed neb step 1 then came pmc . I started my housejob in 2021 and passed my NLE during housejob i have completed my housejob in 2022 as follow 3 months in General surgery 3 months in Orthopeadics 3 months in General medicine and 3 months in paediatrics. Am i eligible for registration as i have gap after graduation due to no proper schedule of neb exam in pmdc turnover and also fight between PMDC and PMC

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      I am afraid to tell but I am not to sure about this! Usually what happen is they accept housejob after your graduation year! I recommend you to email your situation and call them directly to seek guidance as they would guide you well! Maybe if you explain your gap they accept it! Thanks

  64. Ambreen Aqeel

    Asslam u Alaikum
    Is it possible to get an exemption from PLAB or any licensing exam after working as a senior house officer in Ireland? If yes, then how much duration is necessary to work as an SHO?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Plab is not exempted ! But you can get registered with AMC and Newzeland after working 2 years in Ireland!

  65. Is this pattern acceptable in imc
    3 months general surgery ..2 months Gynaecology and Obstetrics.. 1 month Thoracic surgery…..6 months general medicine

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Your 1 month rotation is not acceptable! Others are fine!

  66. Will I be eligible to work in ireland as a doctor after mrcs uk

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Mrcs is intercollegiate degree accepted by all royal colleges including Ireland! You can work

  67. Dear Ahsan,

    I am consultant IM and has over all experience of 9 years. I will have to apply for General Registration and will work as a registrar.
    Can you give me an idea that at which registrar grade will i work and how much will be the salary ?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Teaching hospital exp will be counted! If that is 9 years them reg level 3 possibly!

  68. Najma Abdullahi

    Hi there…
    Can i register with complete MRCOG UK (all the 3 parts) in irish medical council???
    Thanks in advance


    Hi doctor.
    I just did my IMC registration on 2nd Sept, 2022.
    Payment went through successfully, with receipt available in the IMC portal.
    I have even received an email stating that my registration has been submitted.
    I have sent my notarized passport and IELTS results to IMC.
    However, my REGISTRATION APPLICATION STATUS is still stated as DRAFT. ( many mentioned it supposed to state SUBMITTED rather)

    Kindly advise me. Thank you.

  70. M. Fazal

    I am from Pakistan, Graduation (MD) and House job from Republic of Cuba. Plz guide about iMC registration and pres exemption.

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Unfortunately you will not be registered via exemption route! You need to take exams . Thanks

  71. Which address is correct that kingram house kingram palace one or this upper ground floor hartcourt centre one .When I was sending my documents I send it on that kingram house one address now for good standing I don’t know which one to write, a bit confused plz tell me.

  72. Plz guide me about housejob rotation criteria as I have done my house job in 2017 and 6 months in medicine allied and 6 months in surgery allied .and for all allied rotations it was for 1-month rotation in our hospital policy..and for general medicine and general surgery it was 2-month rotation plZ tell now how can I fulfil this criterion of house job that’s required for IMC registration so I can do that way …plz help I will be very grateful to you
    Thank you

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      1 month is not acceptable . General surg And gen med for 3 months needed!

  73. Attiya Zia

    I am applying for general registration of IMC , after paying online fee, what documents are need to sent through post , as I understood one is notarized copy of passport, and the rest is epic verification (prim medical certificate, postgraduate diploma, and supervised training programme) also report sent to IMC , should i enclose notarized copies of them again in the documents sent by post? Please reply

  74. Ayesha Gohar

    Hi Ahsan,
    It is very helpful.
    Do I need to make any account on IRISH MEDICAL Council website for Registration, Since i already verified my documents by EPIC and passed OET with B in all modules. Shall i send my documents by post only. that’s it ?
    How can I keep a track of my application for Registration ? since there is no application number

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      You have to make an application with IMC and your acc will be created. Please read guidelines on this website! Thanks

  75. Dr Madeeha

    Do i need to wait for an email from IMC having a cover letter , to be sent along with the notarised copy of passport n OET?
    i received one ,only saying”Your application for registration has been submitted. Please ensure that you submit all the required documents on your checklist”

  76. Waqas Afzal

    I have applied for the good standing certificate but I wrote this email address( I wrote correct postal address while applying for good standing certificate on PMC site.Is that alright?or should i call PMC to change email address.

  77. Dr Marium

    My rotations for housejob were general medicine , dermatology, general surgery and ophthalmic surgery.Are these accepted by IMC?
    Also after MBBS, I am done with MSPH( MATER OF PUBLIC HEALTH) which is a non clinical side of healthcare. Would i still need IMC license to work in Ireland keeping in mind that my job or work would not be clinical?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Yes acceptable! After you are registered you can apply for jobs. Your master can be a plus point.

      • I have my name issue on my experience certificate on which my name is written as ” Ahmad Rafiq Chaudhary while my name spell as “Ahmad Rafiq Chudary”.
        My certificate has been verified from epic and they also sent it to IMC know today when i am applying on IMC site i suddenly noticed this.
        Kindly reply as soon as possible.
        Thanks in advance

        • Ahsan Zeeshan

          You can ask epic to change your spellings by sending documents they require. First see if IMC have any objection. If yes then contact epic for change. Thanks

  78. I have my name issue on my experience certificate on which my name is written as ” Ahmad Rafiq Chaudhary while my name spell as “Ahmad Rafiq Chudary”.
    My certificate has been verified from epic and they also sent it to IMC know today when i am applying on IMC site i suddenly noticed this.
    Kindly reply as soon as possible.
    Thanks in advance

  79. Hello Dr Zeeshan,

    I have a post graduate degree MRCGP (accredited site – Southasia), do they consider it for PRES Exemption as it is mentioned on their website only MRCGP under General Practise section

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Please confirm from council directly as I have no experience in this. Thanks

  80. Aoa
    Thanks for the post.
    I have done my MBBS in 2010( result came in 2010)
    Done my house Job in genral surgery 6 months, 3 months ENT
    2 and half month in medicine and 2 months in dermatology.
    I have also done 4 years training in internal medicine.
    According to website of IMC, u need 12 months house Job or 3 years training in same programme.
    Please guide.. I have asked many no one know the proper answer. I hope for ur help

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Sorry for late reply! Your surgery and ENT rotations are ok. Make med and dermatology collectively 6 months. Make sure to change ENT word to as mentioned in post! Thanks

  81. Eligibility Routes
    Higher Qualifications (HQ) Route

    Doctors who meet the criteria set out at 1 and 2 below:

    Awarded a higher qualification
    Have either:
    Undertaken an internship of at least twelve months which comprised of a minimum of three months in medicine in general and three months in surgery in general

    Completed a minimum of three years in an accredited training programme. The applicant should provide a letter from the body responsible for overseeing the training, confirming satisfactory completion of a three year programme eg a postgraduate training body.

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Very less is known about 3 year training route! You can request more info from IMC. If you have acceptable housejob then go for that route!
      Either way, you will be given general registration.

  82. Hi! I’m graduated in 2021 and I had done my house job. What’s the process to apply for Ireland?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Please follow the steps on website and do your research as well for the route. Best of luck.

  83. AOA! Ahsan Zeeshan
    I am applying for IMC from Pakistan. Can you please guide me regarding what to write in the conferral date while filling the IMC application? Should i write the date written on final year DMC or the date written on UHS Degree? As both dates are different because i applied for degree after house job.

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Brother date which is on your degree!

      • Thanku so much brother!
        one more question

        Can you please tell me how to explain the gap after house job? My housejob ended in june 2022. After that i have not done any job. It is 6 month period (June 2022– Dec 2022). I have been preparing for FCPS-1and JCAT in Pakistan plus PLAB 1 prepation so I was unable to do any job during this 6 month period. So please tell me what to write?

        will this gap affect the IMC registration?


    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Just send your 6 months Med and 6 months Surgery cert to pmc. That would be ok. No need for allied if you have 6 month med and 6 month Surgery! Thanks

  85. While sending documents by post i have be written D02, WR2 instaed of WR20 by mistake should i resend documents to IMC?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Have you written other address right ? If yea then try to contact IMC and explain situation. Thanks

  86. Do the gaps taken for post graduation exams preparation affect the IMC registration process?

  87. I got my overall ielts band score of 7 with 6 in writing..can I apply for IMC registration?

  88. Housejob in unit neonatology, pediatric medicine
    (3 months each- gyne obs, medicine, surgery, neonatology, pediatric medicine)
    Is it acceptable by IMC?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Keep it simple! Keep it paediatric, gen med, gen surgery,gyne obs


  89. Zeenat yasmeen

    I did my housejob in 2011
    6month in gyne/obs
    6months in medicine
    Is it acceptable

  90. Muhammad Zaman Habib

    Salam. I heard in general route of IMC there are two categories . One is via house job, 2nd is via high education.. in that high only one pakistani degree is recognized that’s is FCPS anesthesia. I have done FCPS anesthesia. Should I go for house job route or Anesthesia FcPS route in general category?? Why should I not take advantage of this FCPS anesthesia exemption? Please reply.

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      No difference whatever route you choose you will get General Registration.Make sure if you go for hj them it should be after 2009.


  91. Faryal Fatima

    Hi,i m dr Faryal fatima i did mbbs and DMRD from Pakistan ,i finished my house job till 2008 march so wat exams i required to give for irish registration except oet?

  92. Hi,i m dr Faryal fatima i did mbbs and DMRD from Pakistan ,i finished my house job till 2008 march so wat exams i required to give for irish registration except oet?


  93. Bilal Ali

    I am from Pakistan. My EPIC verification has been done now I have to apply for IMC.
    My OET is valid till Oct,2023. Is it possible to get all the registration process done before that?
    I am also on PLAB pathway and my Plab 1 is in May, 2023. May I be able to travel UK easily for PLAB 2 if I get a job in Ireland?
    When exactly I should apply for good standing?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      1: if you apply now your application can be considered. Please do take guidance from imc directly.
      2: yes you can go to uk from here for plab 2
      3: few weeks after you apply your IMC application

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Unfortunately we have discontinued our free services. If you have any questions please refer to our packages to get expert advice on your questions. Thank you

  94. I had a 3 months and 1.5 months gap of maternity leaves during my fcps training, which i covered after completion of my training.
    Now will this gap affect my imc registration or will it affect the process of getting job in ireland ?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      No it wont affect! Mention your maternity leaves. Note that gap in your housejob would affect your reg process!

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Unfortunately we have discontinued our free services. If you have any questions please refer to our packages to get expert advice on your questions. Thank you

  95. Sadia Irum

    I m from pakistan,my house job is 3 month in general medicine,3 month in nephrology snd 6 months in gynea,am i eligible for imc???
    Could i apply for registration on mrcog basis,pass mrcog 1 and 2,kindly guide.

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Unfortunately you need surgery to be eligible. Please check on imc website if mrcog is acceptable for registration. Thanks

  96. Anum Bilal

    i have done 15 months house job to get pediatrics experience. 3 month med, surgery , ent and anesthesia, should i fill the form in pmdc of 15 months house job or exclude pediatrics wich was last internship after clearing fcps 1

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Unfortunately we have discontinued our free services. If you have any questions please refer to our packages to get expert advice on your questions. Thank you

  97. I am a pakistani.I have done my mbbs from china,and currently ,iam doing housejob in pakistan.My question is regarding good standing certificate.i need a good standing certificate from pmc or from china?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Unfortunately we have discontinued our free services. If you have any questions please refer to our packages to get expert advice on your questions. Thank you

  98. my second question is regarding jobs in ireland,is it easy to get a job in ireland?

    • Ahsan Zeeshan

      Unfortunately we have discontinued our free services. If you have any questions please refer to our packages to get expert advice on your questions. Thank you

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *