Garda National Immigration Bureau and PPSN Number
How to apply for GNIB Card?
GNIB (Garda National Immigration Bureau) card is a resident permit card that you should apply for as soon as you reach Ireland. You must call your local GARDA station and ask for details regarding your GNIB card. Mostly they will give you an appointment or ask you to e-mail them your details so that they can set up a face-to-face meeting.
Documents required for GNIB Card:
- Original passport
- Work Permit
- Required fee (mostly 300 Euros)
How to apply for PPSN?
- Visit https://www.mygovid.ie/ and make a basic account.
- After you made your basic account, visit https://services.mywelfare.ie/en/ and login through your mygovid basic account details.
- Click “Services” on top and go to “accessing public service” and click “PPS number”.
- Now follow all instructions and fill your application.
- You will receive your PPS number via a post on your given address in 2-4 working days.
Documents required for PPSN:
- Passport for identity
- Job Contract
- House Lease
You need to scan and upload these documents. To know what PPS Number is and why it is required, please visit this website.
How to set Bank Account?
There are three banks in Ireland in which doctors can open a bank account.
- Allied Ireland Bank (AIB) is mostly preferred. https://aib.ie/
- Ulster Bank (https://digital.ulsterbank.ie/)
- Bank of Ireland
Documents required to open an account:
- Letter from HR department of the hospital.
- Passport for identification purpose
You must contact (call/E-mail) bank before going in-person and book an appointment. Your passwords/debit card would be sent to you by post, so keep an eye on your letterbox.