Accommodation Search and Average Rent
Accommodation in Ireland
Accommodation expenses in Ireland vary from place to place. For Example, apartments are more costly in big and busy cities like Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway, and cheaper in small cities with less population.
How to find an apartment?
- You can request your HR department to guide you regarding accommodation.
- Google search for contacts of auctioneers near your hospital and ask them to arrange accommodation for you.
- Post your requirements on social media (Facebook groups)
- Ask your friends if anyone is already working in Ireland, you might be able to sign a lease before coming to Ireland in that case. Please do not sign the lease if you don't have any contacts in Ireland. Keep in contact with the prospective landlords and sign the lease after taking a look at the apartment.
- Book local hotels or Airbnb (in advance) for a couple of days, and search for your accommodation while you are in Ireland.
- Search on these websites.
Average Rent of Apartments
The average rent of 1 and 2 bedroom apartments in big cities are 800-1200Euros and 1400-2000 Euros, respectively. It can vary depending upon facilities and distance from your workplace.
On the other hand, the average rent of 1 and 2 bedrooms in small cities is 600-800 Euros and 900-1200 Euros.
2 thoughts on “Accommodation Search and Average Rent”
Thanks a lot for your description about the irish route for img doctors. I’m a graduate from Srilanka and have clinical experience in psychiatry for 8 years. I have ielts score of 7 too. Can I exempt from pres 3 exam to get General registration.?
Thanks for your message! Unfortunately Sri Lanka is not on IMC list for exemption pathway!