Irish Visa Guidance
Once you get your Work Permit, you can apply for a visa. Visa applications can be filled and submitted online at http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Home.
How to apply for a visa?
- Visit the above website, click “Work”
- Click “What are my work visa Options” then select more then 90 Days and click employment visa.
- Click “Employment Visa” and all the information regarding the visa will be displayed including documents required which I will discuss below in a separate section.
- Scroll down and click “Apply for a Visa online visa AVATS”.
- As every contract is a minimum of 6-months, so you must apply for a Long Stay visa, also called D Visa.
- Scroll down and click Apply Visa.
- Before you proceed you must have the following information in hand.
- Passport and details of any previous passports – number, date of issue/expiry
- Details of any previous Irish Visa/Preclearance applications and details of any previous visa refusals from any country
- Details of any previous criminal convictions or pending charges.
- Contact details for your host in Ireland or your sponsor.
- Scroll down and tick declaration and proceed to the online application.
- Select Long Stay for the type of visa>>>Select Single for Journey Type>>>Select Employment for Purpose>>> Select International Recognized Travel Document for Passport Type>>>Type your Passport number>>>You’re your proposed FROM date of travel and leave TO Reason for selecting single entry is that that when you arrive in Ireland and start working. You have to visit Garda station for registration, and they will give you a card that will work as your multiple entries. Please select the proposed date 2 weeks before you start your job.
- Now fill in your personal information and complete the remaining information by clicking YES/No. One option which you must tick NO is about the exemption of Biometric.
- Give your job details and work permit number. If you don’t have accommodation in Ireland, then you must give the address of your hospital and the e-mail/number of your HR.
- Pay your visa fee and download your “Application Summary”. In your application summary, they will give a link to VAC (Visa Application Center). In Pakistan, it is Gerry’s Visa service that provides the facility to submit the visa application with documents.
Gerry’s VISA Appointment.
Once you have downloaded your Application Summary Sheet, you can book an appointment with Gerry.
How to book an appointment?
- Visit this website
- Scroll down and click “How to book or to re-schedule your appointment - read guidance”.
- Select your country of residence (Pakistan), Visa category (Long Stay), and choice of location (Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi, and Mirpur).
- Give your personal details. Please choose NOT APPLICABLE for Visa application fee exemption.
- Pay your Visa Fee, book an available date of your choice for an appointment, and don’t forget to save your Appointment Letter and payment receipts.
Required Visa Documents.
On the appointment day, try to reach Gerry’s office 30 minutes before the given time. You have to submit documents as no interview is needed for an Irish visa. You need 2 colored sets of the following documents for Visa. I advise making 3 sets so that in case of any emergency, you can use those documents.Now-a-days they are asking for original documents! Please take your original documents with you in case they ask for it!
- Original Passport
- Passport/Previous passport Colored Photocopy all pages
- Visa Application Summary (Colored Photocopy)
- Gerry’s Appointment Letter (Colored Photocopy)
- Gerry’s Payment Receipt (Colored Photocopy)
- ID Card (Colored Photocopy)
- Work Permit (Colored Photocopy)
- 2 colored photographs (Embassy Size)
- MBBS degree and experience letter from previous employer.
- IMC Registration Certificate (Colored Photocopy)
- Visa Cover Letter (Colored Photocopy)
You must write it to the Visa officer, Irish Embassy, Dublin, covering the following points.
- outlining your reason for wanting to come to Ireland,
- giving details of any members of your family who are currently in Ireland, or any other EU Member State,
- giving details of how long you intend to stay in Ireland,
- giving details of where you intend to stay while you are in Ireland,
- undertaking that you will observe the conditions of your visa, that you will not become a burden on the State, and that you will leave the State on the expiry of your permission to remain.
11. Bank Statement
If your account has regular transactions for 6 months and, it doesn’t matter even if you have 2 or 3 Lac Pak Rs. I recommend you should have 3 lacs in your account. If you don’t have enough amount, you can transfer as soon as you are selected for a Job. For example, if you were successful in the interview on 25th October and you have 50 thousand, you can transfer 50 thousand each following week to make it 2-3 lacs.
You can also request SMS/E-mail/Courier services for passport delivery at Gerry’s office main desk. They will guide you to pay a fee for these services. After you submit your documents, relax for 1-2 weeks. You will receive an e-mail from Dublin Embassy after 2-3 weeks that your documents have been received and they have started working on your application. From that day onwards, you can check your visa approval in the list, which they display in a PDF file every Tuesday on this link.
You will receive your passport 3-5 days after your name is displayed in the list.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is not a legal consultation. Please consult a competent attorney if you have any visa-related issues.
12 thoughts on “Irish Visa Guidance for IMGs”
Can an IMG currently living in UK apply for registration from here?
Yes. You can complete all the process online from PMC. You’ll only have to contact medical college yourself so that they verify degree for EPIC.
I want to know about this segment of debate, “You can also request SMS/E-mail/Courier services for passport delivery at Gerry’s office main desk. They will guide you to pay a fee for these services. After you submit your documents, relax for 1-2 weeks. You will receive an e-mail from Dublin Embassy after 2-3 weeks that your documents have been received and they have started working on your application”.
Is this about submitting documents and passport at relevant office then what’s the need of this above, TIA.
Thanks for message!
Gerry’s normally never provide these services ( SMS/Email when they receive passport after visa approval. They only try to call.) thats why it is good to opt for this service. Regarding courier service! If you are from lahore you can collect from there office. If you are from other city you have to inform them that you need courier service and want your passport at doorstep. These services you have to ask to provide otherwise they don’t provide these services. There are extra charges for these services. Hope its clear .
I’m extremely fortunate to evaluate your work! This is a work of magic! These concepts are fantastic! Your capacity to think through these issues. The way you write your posts and the effort you put into acquiring this have an impact on me. With your suggestions, you really went above and beyond. You’re performing your duties and obligations satisfactorily. Continue your wonderful work.
Thanks for your words dear!
Is there any way to take parents with you in Ireland or Australia?
I lost my father in 2017 and now i have only my mother with me. I am almost done with my IMC registration but worried about my mother .
Kindly guide me in this regard!
Yes of-course you can take your mother with you on dependent visa by showing all proofs !
Permanently or for a short period of time in a year?
You can bring her for short period multiple times! Once she is here you can re apply for visa request. Better to get expert opinion please!
You can take expert opinion from any travel agent as-well!